Safe with our Food Safety Consultant!
Food safety is your top priority. Because you want to guarantee the quality of your products. That demands a lot of attention to implement the right procedures and checks, and to reduce the risks to food safety. As your knowledge partner, Eurofins is happy to help you. We do this for numerous companies in the food, feed and water industry, all linked in different ways in the supply chain. A food safety consultant from our consultancy team will be happy to advise you in identifying the risks to food safety. Our consultant can also support you in implementing all the required checks. That will enable you to give your customers a guarantee that your product meets all the applicable food safety criteria.
Our consultants help you to comply with the applicable quality requirements
Depending on your request or wishes, QA and QC specialists from our consultancy team will support you for a short or longer period in all activities relating to food safety. Whether you need temporary extra personnel, or need to replace members of your team in case of illness or during periods of leave: Eurofins has the right solution.
A selection of the tasks that our food safety consultant can handle for you:
• Providing support as interim quality assurance / quality control manager
• Setting-up and maintaining quality systems such as BRC, IFS, FSSC 22000, ISO, GFSI SQF BRC and GMP+
• Providing support in complying with legislation and regulations
• Risk assessment and control measures
• Risk analysis for materials and bought-in products (‘existing food’) in accordance with Information Sheets 64 and 65 of the NVWA (Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority)
• Drawing-up and maintaining sampling plans
• Managing allergens and maintaining product specifications and label information
• Providing support for incidents such as recalls, urgent actions by the NVWA or if pathogen levels are exceeded
• Drawing-up an HACCP plan
• Product development and innovation
• Trend analysis, process optimisation and fraud prevention
Audits & inspections
As well as safety consulting, we also provide audits and inspections. Tasks that our food safety consultant can carry out on request include:
• Internal auditing for tests or certification
• Supervising a third-party audit (by the NVWA or other certifying authority)
• A supplier audit
• Validation of stated allergen levels, production processes, materials and equipment
• Baseline measurements as calibration point for control measures
Our consultancy team also includes experts in controlling Listeria. They can deal with any kind of Listeria challenge. Do you have a ready-to-eat product? And do you want to control the growth of Listeria monocytogenes within the shelf-life period? Then our experts will be happy to help you. For example by:
• Carrying out and supervising a Challenge Test based on our advanced research method
• Research and advice based on Information Sheet 85 issued by the NVWA
• Applying predictive models about the spread of Listeria monocytogenes in your product
• Shelf-life (‘Best Before’ date) research and supporting reasons
• Environmental monitoring in the production area
Replace the food safety consultant by training
Did you know that our consultants also offer training? This means they can share their knowledge within your organisation. The benefit: your personnel are extra well prepared to carry out specific tasks themselves. So you’ll no longer need our consultant for those tasks! What they can provide includes:
• Training your personnel (classical or individual), e.g. HACCP training or training in controlling allergens
• On-the-job coaching
• E-learning modules
Take a look at everything the Eurofins Academy has to offer.
Make sure your product has guaranteed food safety! Book your food safety consultant!
Contact us without obligation at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +31(0)888 31 03 30 and we’ll be happy to discuss the most suitable forms of support for your situation.